Tuesday, January 9, 2018

One dusk of spring

It must have been a dusk of spring
And I have found thee waiting
For me to return home, after a long day
It must have been the month of May
Whence just outside our home
The jasmine and rajnigandha some
Do come flowering like beauties of night
And I find thee waiting by the ember, bright,
Thy robes loosely swept by the evening's breeze
Thy hair upon thy shoulders lay with ease,

Seeing me thou come smiling and ask
' now that the day has gone and dusk
Has settled quiet on thy arms and face
Should you lay and take rest?'

I look at thy face where beads
Of water drew poetic leads,
Thy robe's end thou take in thy hands
By that thou wipe all dust and sand
From me, my tired soul and body,
Then thou look at my eyes, glistening though weary,
' Do you want to me to sing a song?
Do you want me to sing night long?'

I perhaps nod like a someone charmed
And thou by thy softness put balm
On my soul and mind which longed
To rest by thy side all life long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...