Tuesday, January 2, 2018

If thou be Artemis or Phoebe

If  thou be Artemis or Phoebe
Who covers me with thy greenness
Prithee just like that keep thy bless
For if ever doth thou go away from me
I wilt wither like a leaf singed,  fallen over lea
Carried away by wanton wind which knows not
What splendour of Love thou hath for me brought,

Wilt I then lose all my redness of Autumn
And greenness of youthful spring
Wilt I then turn to decay, a mournful scene,
And my ribs wilt then be seen like skeletal remains
If thou be Artemis or Phoebe, keep thy essence
Of beauty and abundance all over me,
Or else wilt I turn a leaf singed fallen over lea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...