Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A day out

Oft do I in my mind's eyes thou do I see
With thy murmurs filling the valley
It had been that stage of Indian winter
Whence people go out of their homes to find shelter
In the forests, hills and other places away
As if to find how journeys could hold sway
In mind , body and soul, the very depth of being,
How away from usual din had I felt the talkings of wind
Running through trees as they stood watching
Our wonderful meeting one beautiful noon,

Seeing thou like a lass meandering
How had I broken into songs, singing
Perhaps thy blessed state, tranquil heart,
How by thou had I found how words give birth
Of a taper suddenly lit up as if joys and mirth
Had always stayed there hidden, covered
By dust for ages and thence,
As if by providence of Love
I felt all that I had searched for and sought
They were mere ignoble thoughts
Having no meaning, in thy perennial flow
How thou brought before me that Godly show
Which rarely we try to hold in our mind;

How thy beauty , thy immortal frame, thy murmurs
To an indescribable ecstasy me doth bind,
And I sat there by thou, lost in dreams,
Weaving a picture in me, mirroring thou and the panoramic scene,

How long had I there stayed counted not I
Only there I knew Thou, those trees and the sky,
Was that a trance or a poetic calm,
Was  that a flow or a heart enbalmed,
I never tried that to find;

But on  that lovely day of Indian winter
How in thee did I find a shelter,
How that day brought me all that I pined
Peace of poetry which to thou more did me bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...