Monday, May 13, 2013

meeting a Sterna...

Met her
by a lake
where i did take
a small journey of mine...

and there
met her...
the record holder
the best journey woman...

she smiled at me
and beckoned...
her redness on lips
and white dress
glistening...
was full of charm...
she looked fresh
as fresh as a post midnight rain morn...
cool...breezy...sunny...soft...

'hi...'
she started the conversation
i looked at the flapping motion
of her white skirt...
her red lips slightly apart...
she was eager
to talk to me it seemed...

'my name is Paradisaea...
but you can call me Sterna...
that's how my friends love to call me...'
she initiated...
i looked at her face...
sparkling...by Him probably blessed...
'thought to have a little talk
with you...before I go...
fly away...
have to catch the flyway...'
she me told...
her arms supple had a smoothness bold...

'haven't seen you here...
where are from you?'
i asked her...
curious...
'from the Arctic...
travelling like you...
a traveler...
but my journeys are long...'
she smiled...happy...
'how long? if i may ask?'
i asked...
journeys make me curious...
any journeys...
by bikes...by cars...
onroad...offroads...
At this she looked at me...
she looked at my pitiable face perhaps... for a split second...
and then she stated:
'twenty two...
thousand kilometers...
in three months...'
i thought
i heard it wrong...
'twenty two kilometers?'
i asked...
'no dear...twenty two thousand kilometers...
that is one way though...
when I will return
I will do again
another twenty two thousand...
perhaps...
or even more...
I am not so sure...'
she said...
absent minded
looking at the sky...
'how you do that?'
asked the tiny...the proud i...
'I fly...just fly...
and on flight
I do all tasks...
all...
I have great Faith on Him...
and the Sun...
and the stars...
and my mental maps...
for the journey is awesome...'
she said...
her pondering philosophic self
was wide spread...
her eyes were blue like the Arctic ocean...
and she perhaps had the Atlantic also
within her...
hidden somewhere...

Sterna...
she called herself by that...
a Paradisaea...
i just looked at her...

the early morn...
the Sun is her friend
she had told me...
and the stars too...
and she also got Faith
on Him...

i looked at her...
an enchanting creature...

'she must be His...'
i
the tiny...
losing all pride...
cried...
and the Sun
smiled over the other side of the lake...
a beauty!

[note: Sterna Paradisaea is the best known migrant among all birds]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...