Thursday, March 7, 2013

'what do you really know of me?'

What do you really know of me?
Amadore once told me...
and set into rhyme in a murmur soft
he told me about what life to him brought...

"In search of life
I have wandered to hills and valleys
to pubs and cities... to aunt Sally's...
in search of life I have done so many things
dived into the coldest lake
to suffer hypothermic freeze...
Wrapping myself up in sheepskin tight
In a moist cave I spent a whole night...
what do you really know of me?
I have made rope from intestine
and slept on dead grass
in a burnt wood of pine...
Camikazi knot having tied to a boulder of a cliff
I jumped into the fearsome deep...
and fell the breezy weightless me
I fell straight to the blue green sea...
Survived several deadly crash
on my back got whippings of lash...
three diagonal marks of pride
A survivor of a hurricane ride...
Rolling over a downy slope
hitting shrubs and bushes of thorns
pains I coped...

And then met a youngish maid
in a whispery tone who to me said
'Settle down kid...settle down...
You've raised a storm and people do frown...
At your reckless flamboyant life
you got panache but lack a wife...'

So I thought stopping for a while
Why not change the adventurous file
of my life so much under fire
why not settle with a flat tyre?

After a few years a baby was born
with blue eyes he like a starlet shone...
in our cottage on a hill
beside the stream where fish danced till
the evening set in like a curtain of haze
i stopped climbing and jumping...
grew only maize...
and toiled hard from morn to night
and we owned a golden sight...
Soon the boy grew strong
and the bout of adventure came back and I longed...

Oneday giving them the land and my purse...
I set out early called by stars...
And days and months and years slipped away and slid
I journeyed again to the unpredictable bid
of Nature calling me to come out in the open...
Where strong dreams are with music woven...
What really do you know of me?
I have leapt into the blue green sea...
Straight from a cliff a Camikazi knot
That's my story to put it short..."

Saying this old Amadore
Took a bottle of Chardonnay and poured
a big shot down his throat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...