Thursday, November 8, 2012

bicycle days...

when see my kid
cycling at the lawn...
specially on a winter afternoon
by the soft yellow sun
and he pressing the lever
of a bell attached to its handlebar
a curious ring of a bell...a round device
with a cap of shiny silver...
and his eyes...laced by a glitter
of hope...freedom...
in sleepy neighbourhood
an unbroken song...
I also take a road cycling down...
a road before me and my childhood town...

A sleepy afternoon such
slanting my cycle gifted on my birthday
on the strong trunk of a tree...
with seeds having feathers of cotton
-flying in the breeze...
And me standing on the seat
of the bicycle to catch the branch
-the nearest one...performing a balancing act...

Then see myself going out
down a road straight by a wall
of a big factory standing tall...
and a serpentine footwalk
which followed me everywhere...
the sunlit noon...and even after dark...

and I cycled by...
The big sixteen wheeled trailer trucks
parked like stationary blocks of steel containers...
a small shop which sold peanuts
mixed with salt pepper chilli dust...
a bridge with concrete railings with a fresh coat of paint
yellow and red...a big gate standing like a muted saint...
a park with empty seesaws...twin artificial hills...
a deserted shade with a ghostly eerie feel
with broken windows...rusty lock hanging for ages...
I cycle down some forgotten pages...

'cring cring...'
thd bell sounds with glee
and my kid gifts back to me...
my days...one of a kind...
seeped with nostalgia...that only binds...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...