Monday, August 13, 2012

The courtyard...

On the floor of the courtyard
That leafy motif by you I found
Done last year with all your devotion...

In concentric circles you painted
Leaves of trees hung immobile from branches...
And flowers a bit perfect nonetheless...
Colored by different chalks...
Yellow petals...green stalks...
And at the centre of the elaborate design
A red circle solid I did find...

While last year you were putting finishing touches
The day turned night and by sticks of matches
Your face with little beads of sweat
I discovered as my only fate...
Your hands were filled with liquid colors
Red,yellow,white,green all layered
On your eyebrow found a stroke
Of yellow and red mixed supercilious
And how then I into laughter broke...

That motif is still there on the floor
Of the courtyard where now light through cloud pours...
Reminding me another year has gone
The courtyard knows...what it means to be lone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...