Friday, July 27, 2012

the school bus...

Front of me
saw them... band of boys
Shouting fighting boxed up in a bus
from school on return they by me passed...
watched them with eagerness
how clumsy they made their ties and laces...
their yellow school bus with them in it...
through the road like roaring cubs they spread mirth...

I also had a school bus such
not like the yellow one
that passed...
but a green one...
with a big nose -its hood...
looked like an old man on brood...
I would wait for him
to come by the road staggering...
But the very sight
of his blazing dark green
would break me into joyous smithereens...
My friends...so many of them would jut out
their necks through the windows
and they would yell...
calling me...my name from their happy mouths fell...
on me like a foolish pride...
We would take the joy ride...
to school and from it back...
tired yet full of hopes...games...
and paper crafts...

O how I wish to catch up
with that green bus...
big hooded...an ugly mass
of steel rocking up the street...
stopping stumbling moving at a snail's speed...
yet so good...so true...
like old friends now lost from view...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...