Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A day with her...my glorious river...

While in hedges and bushes
Crickets and gnats play...
I...the modern megalomaniac
Start the second lap of my day...

But on a rare day
I could be a sage...
-a real man leafing through a page
Of a miniscule life...

I could die a temporary death
Falling in love with a glorious river
-an enchantress!

On such a day I sat with her for hours...
She singing a song of yesteryear...
I probably stared at her face
Lit up by the light coming
Like a column from a faraway place...
I felt on my palms
Her fingers playing soft
I felt her saree's end...
Spread for me to drop
Down for a sweet nap
O! On her heavenly motherly lap...
She sang one after another
Songs of parting souls...
Songs of flowers...
Songs reminiscent of some waits
At the bus-stops or fairyland gates...
Songs that could catch the flow
Of clouds drifting apart...
Of a speckled lunar show...
Of vegetable growth of cowardly affection...
Of trains whistling past a lonely station...
Of a cutting of forest -bare and aloof,
Of a tree falling to knees with tears,bent,stooped...
Of a night shift conquered by a fool
Under a shade...standing by a pool
Of water infested with deprived frogs...
Of dreams left abandoned like stray logs
Of wood on float nowhere to go...
She ,my river of love, everything me showed...

She showed me how hearts with pleasure swell
And how also pains in the same place happily dwell...
She showed me how mystic light shine
On water at night when someone really pine...
She helped me to explore the unknown deep
She revealed Gothic art how in my mind I keep...
She taught me to enjoy the fanciful flight
She drilled my soul to embrace light...
She took me through her lovely murmur
To a cave full of iced sculpture...
To make me a witness of her birth...
She showed me how she greened this earth...

On that rarest of the rare day
She held me fully dismayed...
I slept an unforgettable sleep
I ,from the chains of time , just for a few hours slipped...
And being flooded thus by multiple incarnations of her...
I fell more for my silvery river...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...