Thursday, March 1, 2012

meeting my June on stage...

Sometimes one finds
what one pines
So I felt once
When by chance
I found my her on stage
Leaving me quite amazed...

What happened thirsty me
Went to a club, and at one corner did I see
My nomadic love...sitting crosslegged on a stool
With the wooden guitar on a drool...
Saw her hair how by the wind did flow
And how lights played on her fingers dim and low...
She was trying to work on a stupendous song...
I looked at her for several minutes long...
Don't know if she made a note
Of me, who once the songs for her wrote...
But felt her strumming got a new tune
Just the way she lent music to my scribble in one June...
That happened so many years ago
That my memory came faded and slow...
Only had a faint glitter
Of how she once tuned my letters...
Remember how by sitting beside me for hours
She changed the meaning of summer showers...
Remember then her hair was cropped
And her eyes then how held me aloft...
We both sweated on those black and blue
Lines, bringing to us a fervour new...
O how then we gelled as if we're made so
O how our poems and music passed us through...

'Take me to your arms' she sang aloud
And for the first time her eyes met mine, no doubt!
I also kept looking at hers, after so many days
Mentally traveling to a time, that kept me alive always...
She was singing giving to the song her all
And I felt how on me June made a silent toll...
I took a last look at her, seeking knowledge
Of my presence, and left arrested by her empty, nostalgic gaze!






No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...