Monday, March 26, 2012

Had I been an archeologoist...

Had I been an archeologist
I could have unearthed with professional care
And meticulously made a long list
Of things left by you under my soul unfair...


Like that image of the mango tree on one monsoon
When you and me picked up unripe fruits which fell us upon...
As if the God Himself thought it wise
To throw mangoes on us from His cloudy sky...
And how we ran to a shade
And I skinned the green mangoes with a blade...
(Which, many years later I used again
To serve me with some ample pain!
But that's another story...grayed...
Wish to leave it there unsaid...)

Then one morning bright
After exams we took a ride...
To an aborted power transformer house
Remember?our games there of cat and mouse?

Then you one evening came to our house
With a shy face, wearing a white skirt and a red blouse...
Requesting my mother(who was then alive) to let me stay
For a while at your place for your Birthday...
O how we played the whole evening then
Cris crossing our township's all too familiar lanes...
Remember how we played hide and seek
How you played on me a foolish trick...
You took someone's shawl and hid under it...
On a lonely bench like a ghost you did sit...
And made eerie noises like those when ghosts sneeze
I staggered and fell off by you, the ghost, completely seized...
O how you broke into laughter then
Seeing me on the ground grimacing in pain...
But remember you pulled me up from the ground
In you then a fairy I found!

Had I been an archeologist perfect
I could have my museum decked
With artifacts and scrolls and relics ancient
Of our long lost days, and preserved them...



No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...