Friday, February 24, 2012

searching for you, finding you...but in others...

You are so much in me
That you in other women I see...
At the entrance of the Sudder Street,
Saw someone from behind
Thought you're there to me meet
So standing patient and sidelined...
Thought to call her...
Taking she as you in known salwar
With flowers of pink stitched all over
Hurried to her, my waiting lover...

'Sorry! to keep you waiting here...'
I mumbled clumsily nearing her,
She looked up, with amused face
Making me realise in your dress
Someone else standing for her man
'Sorry! I am utterly mistaken ma'm'
Saying this I looked around...
Feeling how with you I'm always bound...

A few yards from the incident
Just where the underpass laid
I thought again you your wait spent
For me, being the truest maid...
So once again rushed there
Running through pavements thronged
By people, hawkers, beggars shared
For the underpass my heart then longed...

Skipping a few stairs at one go
I panted to reach where counters sell
Tickets of plastic cheap and slow
And thought found you under a blue veil...

This time also I return with empty hand
Can't find you in my city's magic land...
But surely through others I found out
How you keep me under suspense and doubt...









No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...