Tuesday, February 28, 2012

i could've spread out like murmuring drops of rain....

Why so it happens?
Just when thought you would for me a word breathe....
You didn't do that...and under the rains I seethed....
On your verandah so watery
Carrying tales of yester years....so scary...
But then another day you came
So brave and unvanquished
Taking every bit out of me....squeezed....

You could've gone to another land
Leaving me here,under the banyan old....like a memory stand!
I could have spread out then...
Like the murmuring drops of untimely rain....

(see another rendition of the poem in my mother tongue at http://theboatsong.blogspot.in/p/mother-tongue.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...