Saturday, November 26, 2011

my grandad's turntable...

The other day, when I went up to my attic
I found my granddad's old Thorens...broken...
It was not that I saw it for the first time in my life lying there...defunct...dust covered...
I found it there...lying useless from my teenage days, perhaps...
But as the beautiful rays of the setting sun fell on it through the window...
I suddenly discovered that it was beautiful...
It was like rediscovering something...
It was like finding the past good in an ugly present...
So I went up to my grandad's turntable...
And placed my hand on the platter...
Knowing that I would have to wash my hand afterwards...
Knowing that the heap of dust would make me sneeze soon...
Still...
I placed my hand on my granddad's beautiful possesssion...
An ol' Thorens...
Under the twilight light...
The thing looked awesome!
As if it was also shivered by human touch after a long time...
I tried to move a bit the platter...
It moved!
It moved as if it came alive by my touch...
And...
And Methought I saw my granddad...sitting right there!
I saw him sitting right in front of my eyes....rocking on his favourite chair...and smiling at me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...