Monday, November 21, 2011

love-bugged...

'Bitten by love...dear...
I got wings...so I must fly...'
He said, reclining on the sofa, putting his left leg on the arm rest...
And the right on the mat...
Me...his friend...looked at his posture and the sweet smile on his lips...
'God! she had turned you into a poet...almost!'
I exclaimed...with a bit of sarcasm unrevealed...under my tone and tempo...
He did not mind...
He was flying...
He...was love-bugged...
So he kept staring at the ceiling...
And I bet...
He was thinking of her...
'Hey! you!'
I tried to bring him back to the wingless world...real...harsh...stony...
'Yes...'
He replied in reluctant manner...bitten he was...by that Bug that had a long history of instilling frenzy...
I remembered Romeo...
I remembered Majnu...
I remembered Othello...
And even Stephen...
And so many of them...
'Hey! what's her name?'
I asked him...
'Don't know...'
He answered in a same lethargic tone...
'You're an idiot! don't know her name even? don't know her name whom you love?'
I asked, amused by his bugged stature...
'no...she could be anyone ...Aphrodite...Venus...Laila...Juliet...'
He, my love-bitten friend replied...still lying on the sofa in a precarious manner...
'Darn! you're an idiot! How can you love her without knowing her name?'
I asked, sort of irritation working up in me...
'I have no need dear...I have no need to know her name...I care not about her name...her father's name...her family's history...her gene codes...her blood group...all I care...is that her eyes spoke to me...
Yes...her eyes...they told me her love...they told me all about her passion for me...her presence...mere presence...made my day...and that is all about it...that is all one should really care for!'
My love-bugged friend replied with a sudden rise of tone...as if he was getting theatrical a bit...
I said nothing in response...
I just looked at his lit-up face...his throbbing veins on his temple...
His reddened ears...his inflated nose...
And I knew...
Then and there...
The disaster had already taken place...
The quake had already happened...
All these are aftermath...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...