Friday, November 18, 2011

a chance meeting

she looked at me...half-glancing...as if I was part of the moving world...of which she was also an element!
My eyes met her the moment when she just stopped from walking briskly...
On the other flank of the road...
She wore the onion skinned garment...
And the golden blouse...
'Still looking so good!'
Methought
As I slowed my pace to gather hints of the past from the moving picture...of simple love...so childish!
Probably I was gaping...
Seeing her on the other flank...
Walking beauty
For her eyes quickly looked the other way...to the green grocer selling brinjals and tomatoes and cucumbers...freshly delivered...
She looked the other way...
I looked at the onion colored saree and the brown hair...
And the simple leather slippers with thin black laces...
And the brown leather purse on her right hand which had a sparkling gold bangle also...

And methought...
A car stereo sang by at that precise moment-
A familiar tune...so familiar...
But...it seemed so alien...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...