Saturday, October 15, 2011

waiting for your bus...

With the sky turning blue like the freshly painted canvas...
And the scent of shiuli reaching me every early morn...
I know, dear..
That you're on the way...
To meet me after so many months...
I can get the news of your arrival!

I know, dear, that you've already taken the bus from your place...
And probably the bus driver is amazed to see you walking into the bus so early
Wearing your favourite white knee length skirt with floral borders...
I know...
That the bus is virtually empty-
Carrying only you to me!

I can see you sitting by the window
And the mild morning breeze playing with your scented hair silky...
I see you looking out of the iron bars of the bus...
With your eyes being so eager to find me standing at every bus stop that lines your way...
I see you filled with so much of happiness
Are you not equally eager to relive the moments?

Well...dear...
I am eager too...
Waiting for your bus to arrive
Right at the stop with a corrugated tin shed rusty
Opposite my balcony...
I'm here standing right!

You might be confused, I know...
Seeing things changed so much here...
The big mahogany tree with its sprawling branches
Is no longer there by the bus stand...
So also the small park across the road...
They are all gone dear...
All gone...making way for the big apartments you see...

But still, as you're on your way to meet me...
I think...
The mahogany would return with its soothing shade...
And all the children with fill the space with their playful cries...
If you're on your way to meet me...
Dear...everything returns...
Me too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...